Within Rise Homes Ltd (Rise), health and safety management is considered a vital component in the success of the business. The Board is, through the appointed safety manager, responsible for ensuring that effective safety management systems are planned, delivered, monitored and reviewed. Their involvement in these processes through visible and active commitment sets the example that is essential for supplier engagement, and promotes safe and healthy working conditions. This generates an excellent culture in line with company values that improves our performance standards.
The Policy of the Company is to take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that all operations are carried out in such a way that the environment and the safety and health of its contractors, employees of third-party companies and others who may be affected by our undertakings are not prejudiced in any way. As the Health and Safety Manager for the Company I recognise that effective leadership is key to business success and therefore encourage involvement from the remainder of the Board to ensure that health, safety and environmental management is considered during all business decisions. Together we co-operate with others to minimise the likelihood of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences and environmental impacts.
The requirements of compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act etc 1974, the Regulations made there under and the relevant environmental legislation are the minimum standard required. Continual improvements on these standards, whenever and wherever reasonably practicable, will be achieved at all premises.
It is the Policy of Rise to:
- Provide and maintain a safe place of work, safe systems of work, plant and equipment that is safe and without risk to the safety and health of all third parties who may be affected by its undertakings, so far as is reasonably practicable;
- Prevent instances of work related ill health;
- Allocate sufficient resources to enable the Safety, Health and Environmental Policy to function effectively.
- Monitor and review safety, health and environmental management and performance to ensure legal compliance and continual improvement;
- Set and review safety, health and environmental objectives in order to improve performance;
- Promote joint consultation with third parties, the Health and Safety Executive, the Environment Agency and other relevant organisations;
- Comply with statutory regulations, approved codes of practice, recognised guidance notes and other requirements applicable to the organisation;
- Seek to minimise environmental disturbance and pollution as far as it reasonable practicable;
- Promote sustainability;
- Seek to reduce the quantities of energy and water consumed and waste generated by the Company’s activities;
- Promote environmental awareness and understanding so that working activities are carried out in lines with the Safety, Health and Environmental Policy;
- Endeavour to ensure that major suppliers and contractors are aware of, and apply safety and environmental standards compatible with our Safety, Health and Environmental Policy;
- Provide information and supervision to allow contractors to carry out their duties without risks to themselves, others and the environment;
- Ensure Covid compliance so far as possible for all staff and contractors’ employees working on our sites. Our Covid notice is attached.
- We are fully committed to improving our performance by investigating accidents and incidents, reviewing the results of audits undertaken and an annual review of our management systems.