Who we are
Rise Homes Limited (hereafter referred to as Rise) is a Registered business Company number 11418548, operating in the North West of England, UK. We build homes to rent.
How We Control Your Personal Information
We have a Data Protection Officer to make sure Rise respect your rights and follow the law. If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
What is personal information?
Personal information can be anything that identifies and relates to a living person. This can include information that when put together with other information can then identify a person. For example, this could be your name and contact details.
How we collect and use your personal information
The law allows us to use your personal information for a number of legal reasons which would include, but not limited by:-
- you, or your legal representative, have given consent
- you have entered into a contract with us
- it is necessary to perform our statutory duties
- it is necessary to protect someone in an emergency
- it is required by law
- it is necessary for employment purposes
- you have made your information publicly available
- it is necessary for legal cases
- it is to the benefit of society as a whole
- it is necessary to protect public health
What information we collect
We will collect a range of information including, but not limited to:-
- Your name
- Contact details, for example email address, mobile phone number
- Information collected through cookies as explained in our cookies policy
We will only ask you for the data we need!
- Where we can, we’ll only collect and use personal information if we need it to deliver a service or meet a requirement.
- We will never sell your personal information to anyone else.
- If we have consent to use your personal information, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharing information with our contractors and suppliers
There are some cases when we will share your information to support legitimate business purposes. We do this to make sure that we can meet your needs, and also to meet.. This may include sharing information with our contractors and suppliers to allow them to carry out duties on our behalf or to meet contractual obligations we may have. For example, we may share information to make appointments with you to complete an enquiry regarding a new home.
How do we protect your information?
Rise will make sure that the personal information we hold on you is held securely including electronically and paper. Examples of our security include:
Encryption which is the process of converting information or data into a code, especially to prevent unauthorized access. Rise use encryption to protect personal information transmitted online.
Controlling access to systems and networks to prevent unauthorised access to your information.
Training and awareness for our staff allows us to make sure staff know how to handle information and what to do to when something goes wrong.
Regular testing of our technology and ways of working including keeping up to date on the latest security updates.
Access to Personal Information
We can provide details on what personal information we hold once you make a subject access request.
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to obtain:
- Confirmation that your data is being processed
- Access to your personal data
- Other supplementary information
Under normal circumstances, we will not charge you a fee to provide this information to you.
Accuracy, Retention, and Objecting to the use of Personal Information
We will normally retain your personal information for the period as necessary to maintain your tenancy or to provide you with the services/ products requested unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law or necessary to defend legal claims.
In accordance with General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You also have the right to erasure of your personal data. Where data is provided on the basis of your consent you have a right to withdraw this at any time.
You also have the right to object to:
- Processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest
- Direct marketing
- Processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research.
Visitors to our websites
We use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details which shows us ‘visitor behaviour’ on our Site. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Links to other websites
In the event that you believe that there has been a personal data breach, complaint or for independent guidance in regards to Data Protection, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office .
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 29th May 2019.
How to contact us